Prior to applying, please read the information provided below. If you meet the eligibility requirements, proceed and complete the form to register your interest.
The Edinburgh Eagles is a university ice hockey club based in Edinburgh, Scotland. The club competes in the Northern Conference of Division 1 in the British Universities Ice Hockey Association (BUIHA) Cup and Nationals Competitions.
We accept players from all Universities and Colleges in the Edinburgh and the Lothians, from institutes such as:
The University of Edinburgh
Heriot Watt University
Edinburgh Napier University
Queen Margaret University
The Open University
We also accept players from all Universities and Colleges in Fife, Glasgow & West, Forth Valley, Stirlingshire, and the Borders.
To be eligible, you must be:
1. 18 years old or over.
2. Either a full-time student or member of staff at University/College.
3. Must have had prior experience playing ice hockey.
Players are also required to have their own ice hockey kit. Due to limited quantities, we cannot lend out equipment to large numbers at one time. If you do require equipment, it will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
• Do you play full contact? Yes we do, and we are the only team in Edinburgh aside from the Edinburgh Capitals (Elite & Scottish National League) who do so.
The Scottish National League team do not accept players who are born outside of the UK. We offer a viable way for international players to play full contact hockey in Scotland, provided they are in full time education or employed by a university/college.
• What skill level should I be to play for this club? It varies, but players should be able to compete at a AA/AAA level. However, since players are diverse, the best bet is to contact us and we'll get you on the ice with us. To give you a further idea of what's expected, we have had players who have played in the British Elite League, NCAA, IIHF internationalists and top tier university in Russia.
• I've never played ice hockey before and would like to give it a go. Is this club for me?
Unfortunately, as a result of playing in the top tier of university ice hockey, we cannot take on beginners to the team. However, if you'd still like to try ice hockey, get in touch and we can direct you to one of many clubs who will happily take you on.
• Do you accept girls into your hockey club? Yes, absolutely! As long as you fulfill the eligibility requirements and can play, we're more than happy to have you. Alternatively, if you are a beginner and looking to get into the sport, we recommend contacting the Caledonia Steel Queens, Scotland's only all-women's university ice hockey club, by clicking here.